This session is the follow on from the Moderation of On Entry Data Assessments and QA held in October 2016., with a focus on moderating EYFS Profile judgements and considering Year 1 readiness.
Course Tutors: Lucy Bradbury & Sarah Roberts (Specialist Leaders in Education)
This session will provide the opportunity to:
- Quality assure data, with regards to the sample of pupils
- Further develop knowledge and understanding of moderation and its importance
- Consider the range of evidence and information which can be used to secure consistent and accurate judgements.
This course is suitable for:
- Early Years Foundation Stage Leaders
- Early Years Foundation Stage teachers
- ’Return to Teaching’ teachers
- Teachers who are new to the Foundation Stage.
- Supply teachers welcome.
Those attending should be familiar with:
- Development Matters in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) – guidance material
- EYFS Profile
Attendees should bring with them:
- A copy of Early Years Outcomes or Development Matters
- EYFS Profile Handbook
- 3 children’s learning journeys and predicted profile data; this should be children for whom a discussion about their attainment would be most beneficial.
- Any additional assessment materials that you use in your school which may aid your discussions.