The Safer Recruitment training is intended to help schools fulfil their responsibility to have in place safe recruitment and selection practice within the wider context of safeguarding children and to make safeguarding children central to all we do.
Experience over the years shows the importance of organisations that provide services to children incorporating measures that help deter, reject, or identify people who might abuse children. Promoting the welfare of children is an integral part of HR management in organisations that work with children and is essential to creating safe environments.
This course will provide: awareness and understanding of offender behaviour; the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people; support to consider or review, your own organisations, policies and practises to minimise opportunities for abuse and ensure an ongoing culture of vigilance.
The training includes:
- Identification of the key features of staff recruitment that help deter or prevent the appointment of unsuitable people.
- Consideration of Policies and Practices that minimise opportunities for abuse or ensure its prompt recording.
- Tasks that assist participants in beginning to review their own and the organisation's policies and practices in recruitment with a view to making them safer.
- A model of offending behaviour and how this fits with recruitment.
- Implications for recruitment and selection and creating a safer environment in organisations.
- What to do when things go wrong and an allegation of abuse is made against an existing member of staff or volunteer.