This course will increase your understanding of the Thrive Developmental Strand of Power and Identity.The focus for this occurs age-appropriately at Key Stage 1. The developmental tasks of this stage are also recycled by older children and adolescents at Key Stages 2, 3 and 4 and therefore practitioners working with this age group will also find this beneficial.
This course will equip you to:
- Screen classes or groups to assess their emotional and social skills
- Recognise the power play patterns and behaviours that signify an interruption at Power and Identity
- Understand what the child or young person needs in order to do the necessary emotional learning
- Further develop the skills that are useful to address these needs
- Explore some relevant activities
- Develop your provision to better match children's needs
Suitable for: Those working with primary and secondary school children.