Funding and Offers
Each County Councillor has an allocation of £10,000 each year to enable them to respond to local needs in their divisions, supporting projects or activities for the benefit of the communities which they represent.
The use of locality budgets will vary from one area to another, in part reflecting the diverse nature of the communities that make up the County. Certain principles have been agreed by the Council to guide the use of locality budgets and to ensure financial probity, value for money and accountability. These are set out below:
- The project or activity not being able to be easily funded from another source (the principle of “investor of last resort”).
- Consistency with the council’s current policies.
- Evidence of value for money (perhaps measured in part by match-funding leverage secured).
- Appropriate levels of auditing and accounting are in place
- The extent to which the investment encourages or triggers partnership working
- Enabling a wide range of organisations to be able to apply for funds
Further information can be found here: Devon County Councillor Locality Budgets