Thank you to everyone who attended the Exeter PSP Conference at the Exeter Court Hotel yesterday. I have outlined some of the key points below and attached the presentations from the various speakers etc.
1. James Norman, Chair of the PSP Leadership Group, outlined the core purpose of the PSP and gave the following reminders:
- If you have not already done so, please complete and return the PSP impact questionnaire
- We are organising another full Thrive Practitioner course which will be subsidised (approx. 50%) for Exeter PSP schools from the PSP grant. If you would like to send someone from your school on the course please let Mark know
- Solihull Parenting course. I have attached a list of schools who have expressed an interest in sending staff on the Solihull ‘2 day Foundation training (Generic)’. If you did not let me know, but are interested in this then please email me. I will send further details about the course, including cost, dates etc as soon as they are confirmed
- Family Stars. Caren Flicker and Nenny Wright from St Martin’s CE Primary, Cranbrook are keen to organise ‘Family Star’ training at their school. More information about Family Star here: http://www.outcomesstar.org.uk/family-star/ If you are interested and would like to know more please contact Caren on email@example.com
- James reminded everyone about the SENDCo library on the Exeter Consortium website here: http://exeterconsortium.com/resource-library/senco-library If you would like to contribute to The SENCo Library please email firstname.lastname@example.org
2. 1-2-1 Mentors, Charmaine Dugdale. Please see their flyer here: 1-2-1 Mentors
3. Thrive audit report. Lucy Thompson, SENCO at St Leonard’s CofE Primary, gave an overview of the findings from her audit of Thrive and explained the impact Thrive is having across the schools (14 schools replied out of the 28 asked). Please see the report attached here: Every Schools' Journey
4. Children's Occupational Therapy Service. David Plumber, Occupational Therapy Team Leader, Integrated Children’s Services updated on the service – click for the: presentation and ‘Brain Highways’ film.
5. Integrated Children's Services Jenny Connelly, Engagement Lead, Devon ICS and Steve West, EH4MH, gave an update on the services – Jenny’s presentation. You can link to the ICS website here: http://devon.integratedchildrensservices.co.uk/
6. Peer review sessions. Prior to the start of the peer review sessions, James outlined the ‘School Based Provision’ which the PSP leader group have developed to support children at risk of exclusion and the member of staff (usually a TA) working with the child. More information can be found in the attached flyer: School Based Provision. A booking form for the service is also attached.
7. The SENCO meetings followed the peer review sessions.
8. Dates of next meetings:
Thursday 2nd March 2017, 08.30 to 12.45, Flybe Training Academy and Conference Centre, Exeter Airport.
Thursday 15th June 2017, 08.30 to 12.45 at Exeter Court Hotel.